From Spirit System Manual
This page is a First flight and the translation is 100% complete.of the page
If you are sure that the unit is correctly configured, you are ready for your first flight.
We recommend to set Gyro Gain to 50% value for the first flight. This will set the Head-Lock gyro mode at a moderate gain.
1 PRE-FLIGHT CONTROL
- Turn on the transmitter and connect the battery to the model.
- Wait for the initialization, the swashplate jumps.
- Tilt the model, ensure the swashplate is compensating in the correct direction on all axes.
- Move the tail boom in any direction, the tail slider/rudder blades should compensate in the opposite direction.
- Check that input from the transmitter sticks moves the swashplate and tail in the correct directions.
- Place the model on a flat surface, use the transmitter sticks to level the swashplate if it isn't already, the tail slider should be approximately in the center of its travel range.
- Spool up the main rotor to the desired speed - we recommend to start with a slightly lower RPM.
- Slowly increase the collective pitch from zero.
- Try to steer the rudder and check whether it has sufficient gain and stop performance is good.
- If control is not very precise, slowly add cyclic and rudder gain as needed.