From Spirit System Manual
1 The unit does not work after flashing
In case that your unit is not operating correctly after flashing process, you can use the following guide to make it work again.
Important question is, why it failed?
- Possibilities are:
- Connection between unit and computer is not stable (check the cables).
- Bad USB interface driver in your Operating System.
If you are on Windows, please re-install the software with the option for Driver installation. Then it will install correct driver. Then reboot the PC.
If you are on Mac, use this driver: OSX 11.0 Big Sur and newer
Other drivers will very probably not work correctly - especially for the flashing process!
- Requirements for the Recovery process:
- Correct driver in your operating system.
- Status LED of the unit must be pulsating after power up.
2 How to revive the unit
- Connect the USB interface to your PC and the unit (SYS port).
- Start the software. Select Recovery mode when prompted.
- Choose correct COM port in the Connection tab first.
- Go to the Update tab and select firmware you want to flash.
- Press the Flash button and confirm - software will download firmware from Spirit Server.
- Power up the unit (from your BEC or a battery) when you see 0% progress bar. Immediately after power up flashing should start.
- In 10 seconds, unit should be operating again without any issue. Your settings are untouched.